A severe weather warning has been issued by the Bureau of Meteorology for heavy rain and thunderstorms across Melbourne, from Friday through to Sunday.
Please take care while driving today and be aware of potential flooding areas.
Below is a list of roads in Monash which are susceptible to flooding:
- Blackburn Road, at Syndal Station (Mt Waverley)
- High Street Road, at Lee Avenue (Mt Waverley)
- Waverley Road, near Heany Street (Mt Waverley)
- High Street Road, near Dandenong Creek (Glen Waverley)
Please also take care when travelling along Springvale Road and Wellington Road.
The State Emergency Service (SES) advises that people should:
- Don't walk, ride or drive through flood water
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains
- Be aware that in fire affected areas, rainfall run-off into waterways may contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks
- Be alert that in areas recently affected by fires, heavy rainfall increases the potential for landslides and debris across roads.
For more information on what to do in an emergency, head to: