Works will begin on 2 November 2017 at the Galleria apartment tower site, 52-54 O’Sullivan Rd, Glen Waverley.
The first part of the works will be asbestos removal, which will take around 10 days. This work is to prepare for the demolition of the existing building – the Village Walk arcade – in November and December 2017.
All the works by the accredited asbestos removalist SLH Industries Pty. Ltd will be carried out in accordance with Worksafe Australia Asbestos Code of Practice and Asbestos Regulations 2002 (2005) (Safe System of Works).
Key program works:
- Asbestos - 2 November (Approximately 10 working days)
- Demolition - November to December 2017
- Retention and bulk excavation - December 2017 - April 2018
- Installation of protection gantry to Arcade Lane - March 2018
- Tower crane erection and building construction - April 2018 to February 2019
- Building completion – mid-2019
For more information on the development, please read: 15-storey development approved in Glen Waverley