In accordance with section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989, written submissions are invited from members of the public in regard to the Council’s proposal to set the Mayoral and Councillor Allowances as follows:
1. - Councillor allowance: $31,444 per annum
- Mayoral allowance: $100, 434 per annum
2. The following equivalent of the Superannuation Guarantee Contribution for 2021 is proposed to be made:
- Councillor: $2,987.18 per annum
- Mayor: $9,541.23 per annum
A fully-maintained Council vehicle is proposed to be provided for the Mayor’s use during their term of office as Mayor.
Written submissions may be made, addressed to the Coordinator Civic and Governance, by either:
and clearly marked “Review of Mayoral and Councillor Allowances”.
Submissions must be received before 5.00 pm on Monday 3 May 2021.
A committee comprising all Councillors has been appointed to consider all submissions regarding this matter and will meet at 7.00 pm, Tuesday 11 May 2021 in the Council Chamber of the Civic Centre, 293 Springvale Road Glen Waverley.
Anyone making a written submission on this matter may request in that submission, to be heard by the Committee, in support of their submission.
Chief Executive Officer