Oakleigh Station is being upgraded as part of the Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project and will take place over a 12-month period.
Car Park Closures September 2019 to August 2020
From Monday 2 September 2019 to August 2020, approximately 90 rail passenger car park spaces will be unavailable at Oakleigh Station. The car parks affected are below:
Alternative passenger parking is available at Huntingdale Station (up to 90 spaces) and Holmesglen Station (up to 50 spaces).
Accessible parking will remain on the northern section of the station car park off Warrigal Road.
From Saturday 21 September 2019 the Oakleigh Station underpass will be closed for upgrade works until early 2020.
- People walking from Portman Street and Haughton Road will need to walk over Warrigal Road bridge.
- A temporary ramp will be installed allowing passengers to access platform 1 from Haughton Road. Entry from Portman Street to platform 2 will be maintained.
- Pedestrian and cyclist detours will be in effect around the Oakleigh Station precinct throughout the project.
- Wayfinding signage and traffic management will be in place to assist people moving around the area.
During the underpass closure, a DDA compliant shuttle bus will be available to assist passengers unable to walk the Warrigal Road bridge detour.
When replacement buses need to be used, the current designated spots located on both sides of Haughton Road will be relocated approx. 80-120m south-west between Mill Road and Mora Avenue, while the station is being upgraded.
For more information contact the project team on 1800 105 105.
Bicycle hoop removal and bicycle locker closure
From Saturday 14 September 2019 the bicycle hoops at Oakleigh Station will be removed. Alternative bicycle hoop parking is available at Hughesdale and Huntingdale stations. The bicycle lockers will be permanently closed from Friday 13 September 2019.
Access to the Parkiteer cage will be maintained throughout the works.
The upgraded Oakleigh Station will have new bicycle hoop facilities.
The State Government has announced work will begin in August on upgrading the Oakleigh Station to improve pedestrian access and increase lighting and security cameras around the station.
The government has advised that Oakleigh Station will remain open during construction with regular train and bus services maintained
While the works are taking place, 90 car spaces around the station will be unavailable. Additional car parking spaces, around 140, will be available at Huntingdale and Holmesglen stations.
The works will include changes to the underpass that currently provides the only pedestrian crossing between the north and south sides of the station, with commuters having to use a central island for city-bound services.
The works comprise:
- a new forecourt providing direct access to city-bound trains from Haughton Road
- a landscaped forecourt and platform entrance on the Portman Street side of the station
- a new underpass for easier access
- two new lifts and redesigned ramps for both platforms
- improved lighting
- new CCTV
- new shelters to protect commuters from weather.
The works are due for completion by August 2020.
Media Release: Oakleigh Station upgrade underway to benefit commuters (pdf, 218KB)
Oakleigh Station Upgrade Flyer (pdf, 421KB)
For more information:
email@example.com or 1800 105 105.