The Monash Waste Transfer Station, 380 Ferntree Gully Road Notting Hill is open to the public from 7:30am – 3pm, Monday – Sunday.
The WTS is now accepting tyres.
All visitors must wear a face covering when visiting this facility. Please remain in your vehicle and if you need to leave the vehicle, you must observe a 1.5 metre distance from everyone.
We strongly encourage the use of contactless card transactions.
Do NOT visit if:
- you have symptoms of respiratory disease (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath)
- have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to your visit.
There are a number of things you must do:
- Stay behind the barriers that are in place.
- Observe the 1.5 metre distancing at all time
Reduced cost for at-call hard waste
Many people at home are taking the opportunity to have a clean out. If you've had a clean out and have hard waste to dispose of, try our 'at-call' service and we'll pick it up for you and you can safely stay at home.
Our at-call hard waste collection is in addition to the annual free collection that usually occurs in August and September.
There is a fee for this service.
From 8 April 2020, we have made a temporary change to our At Call Hard Waste Service to help you during the Coronavirus /COVID-19 crisis.
The cost of this service is now $110 (reduced from $143) for residents and $90 (reduced from $123) for pensioners.
You will need to provide your Centrelink Pension or Department of Veterans' Affairs card number at the time of booking to qualify for the pensioner discount.
The hard waste is ‘at-call’, which means people can book for a week that suits them.
These items must not exceed two cubic metres (2m3) which is equal, for example, to 2m long by 1m deep by 1m high.
How to find the volume of your hard waste stack:
- Measure the three dimensions in metres
- Multiply these three dimensions, for example: 2m x 1m x 1m = 2m3 (volume)
- The volume should be 2m3 or less
Book your at-call hard waste collection here