Temporary Street Closure

Temporary street closure of a minor street is possible under certain circumstances upon written application to Council's Engineering Department.

Engineering Department
Monash City Council
PO Box 1, Glen Waverley VIC 3150

There is no typical fee or application for temporary street closure, and your fee will be determined by Council after considering your application.

For any form of Building project, it is far more likely that Council will determine you need a Hoarding, or an Occupying Roadway permit.

If you want to temporarily take over a public street or reserve for a party, you will need to notify Council and get different permissions.  Please contact Council by phone on 9518 3555 or visit the Civic Centre in person at 293 Springvale Road, for details.

Subscribe to page updates

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Help us to improve

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Last updated: 30 June 2015