Under-pinning, re-stumping or otherwise altering the footing of a building, is altering part of the building’s support structure and is considered a structural alteration.  You will always need a building permit for structural alterations to a building.

Your ‘property information’ is generally referred to in connection with mortgages, zones, overlays and easements affecting your property.  In turn this may affect your building plans, please check the following page for details on how to view this information:  Property Information.

For a project like this you will need a soil report to successfully apply for a building permit, the application form can be found here: Additional Requirements.

Find out about what else is required for your building permit application on the following page, Building Permits.

If you have encountered suspected asbestos as a part of your renovation, please see the following section before work continues:  Encountering Asbestos.

Subscribe to page updates

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Help us to improve

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Last updated: 13 March 2015