If you require assistance please contact Building Services through 9518 3555.
BLD0120 - Rainwater Tanks (pdf, 611KB)
- No specific Planning Permit is required for rainwater tanks up to 4,500 litres when installed to residential properties, except for areas covered by the Heritage Overlay. However, conditions apply in certain circumstances.
BLD0202-29A (FORM A) - Request for Report and Consent on Proposed Demolition (pdf, 845KB)
- Request Under Section 29A of the Building Act 1993 for Report and Consent on Proposed Demolition.
BLD0242 - Siting Requirements Summary (new document is coming)
- Applicable to single dwellings and associated outbuildings on sites greater then 500m² in area and where the property is not located in a heritage area under the Monash Planning Scheme, otherwise a planning permit is required.
BLD0266 - Combined Allotment or Subdivision Statement (pdf, 689KB)
BLD0266A - Subdivision Statement (pdf, 815KB)
- The form must accompanied by a full copy of the proposed plans.
BLD0268 - Approval of Siting of Temporary Structures (pdf, 924KB)
- This application form must accompanied by a full site plan showing details of all existing buildings, the proposed temporary structures, the required toilet facilities, car parking and details of traffic management measures for the event.
BLD0269 - Siting of Prescribed Temporary Structures (pdf, 1MB)
- The following guidelines relate to the construction and maintenance of temporary structures and the definition of such structures.
BLD0303 - (FORM 7) Protection Work Notice (pdf, 367KB)
- The form relates to legal requirements on any building site in accordance with section 84 of the Building Act 1993. Notice of intention to carry out the following building work and requesting agreement to the proposed protection work.
BLD0306 - (FORM 5) Application for Occupancy Permit (pdf, 167KB)
- Application for the occupancy of a building or premises, in accordance with the Building Act 1993.
BLD0308 - (FORM 8) Protection Work Response Notice (pdf, 159KB)
- Notice of intention to carry out the following building work and requesting agreement to the proposed protection work.
BLD0310 - Referral of Building Permit Application/ Building Design for Report and Consent
- Referral of a Building Permit/Design to Council for consent and report.
BLD0313 - Report and Consent from Council - Designated Land or Works (pdf, 1MB)
BLD0313A - Land Liable to Flooding - Report and Consent from Council (pdf, 871KB)
- Land that is liable to flooding has an additional approval requirement.
BLD0319 - Request for Property Information (pdf, 1MB)
- Details of information pertaining to any building, such as: building permits, occupancy permits or certificates of final inspection issued in the preceding 10 years.
- Details - whether the building or land is in an area that is liable to flooding, or that is in area in which buildings are likely to be subject of attack by termites, or
for which a bushfire attack level has been specified, or that is an area subject to significant snowfalls, or of designated land or works.
- Inspection approval dates.
BLD0335 - (FORM 1) Building Permit - Application Form (pdf, 1MB)
- The following form is used to notify Council of your intent to commence building on a particular site, subject to the approval.
BLD0345 - (FORM 1) Amended Building Permit - Application Form (pdf, 1MB)
- When seeking to amend an existing building permit or application, please use the following form. Please note, a separate form exists for an extension of time for a permit about to lapse, see here for details: Time Extension for a Building Permit about to lapse (BLD0392) .
BLD0346 - Request for Copy of Documents (pdf, 931KB)
- Enables you to obtain plans of your house, factory and/or office or Occupancy Permit/Certificate of Final Inspection.
BLD0355 - Bushfire Attack Level Assessment Form (pdf, 2MB)
- On March 11, 2009 new building regulations came into effect in Victoria. These regulation required a Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) assessment to be undertaken for every new home or renovation proposed and for certain proposed outbuildings.
BLD0390 - Requirements for Shared Accommodation (pdf, 446KB)
- Guidelines for shared accommodation (Class 1b) (housing four or more unrelated people), or for altering an existing residence (Class 1a) to meet such guidelines.
BLD0392 - Extension of Time - Building Permit (pdf, 1MB)
- Generally building work must commence within one year and be completed within in two years from the date of issue - you may apply for an extension of time prior to the permit lapsing. If you wish to amend any of the characteristics of the building permit, please see Amendment to a Building Permit
BLD0434 - Guidelines and Information for Smoke Alarms (pdf, 473KB)
- Since February 1997 self contained smoke alarms complying with AS 3786-1993, have been required to be installed in each dwelling or sole occupancy unit (Flats, Town houses, Units).
BLD0457 - Victoria's Information Privacy Principles Summary (pdf, 646KB)
- The Information Privacy Act 2000 protects the personal information of individuals.
BLD0469 - Pre-Building Application Check List (pdf, 244KB)
- Pre-Building Application Check List: Accurate documentation and information you provide will assist us in processing your building application promptly.
BLD0497 - Demolition and Removal Precautions (pdf, 18KB)
- Precautions must be taken before and during demolition in accordance with AS2601-2001, ‘The Demolition of Structures’.
There may be some additional requirements, please see the following for details: