Panel Hearing and Panel Report
An independent planning panel to consider the Amendment was held on Thursday 14 February 2019 at the Monash Civic Centre.
The Panel has now finalised its report and recommendations:
Amendment C131 – Panel Report (pdf, 876KB)
Monash Council Part A Submission – 7 February 2019 (pdf, 1MB)
Expert Witness Report (Marco Negri) – 7 February 2019 (pdf, 6MB)
Amendment C131 was exhibited between 21 August 2018 and 25 September 2018. In response to the consultation on the Amendment, 18 submissions were received.
Council reviewed and considered the submissions at its meeting held on 27 November 2018.
Report to Council Meeting - 27 November 2018 (pdf, 349KB)
Attachment - Summary of issues raised in the submissions (pdf, 173KB)
As the rezoning has merit and there are submissions which are unable to be resolved, Council has requested the Minister for Planning to appoint an independent Panel to review the Amendment and consider all submissions received.
If you have any questions, please call Meghann Mackay, Strategic Planner, on 9518 3620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council sought community views on proposed Amendment C131 to the Monash Planning Scheme during August-September 2018.
The land affected by this amendment is located at 256-262 Huntingdale Road, Huntingdale.
The Amendment proposes to:
- Rezone the whole site from part Industrial 1 Zone and part General Residential Zone 2 to a Residential Growth Zone 5
- Delete the Design and Development Overlay Schedule 1
- Apply the Environmental Audit Overlay (EAO) over the land
On 6 June 2018, the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning authorised Council to prepare Amendment C131.
This authorisation was conditional. Council was required to make several changes to the Amendment, including:
- removing the planning permit application from the Amendment, meaning it will not be a combined Section 96A Amendment; and
- rezoning the land to the Residential Growth Zone 5 and not General Residential Zone 7, which was originally sought by Council.
Please read: Authorisation Letter (pdf, 678KB)
More information is available under Item 1.6 (Agenda/Minutes) to the Council Meeting held on 27 March 2018.
Council considered a request from the owners of land at 256-262 Huntingdale Road, Huntingdale to rezone the land and issue a planning permit for development of a 4 storey apartment building, comprising 82 dwellings, through a combined Section 96A planning scheme amendment and planning permit application.
Post Exhibition Explanatory Report
The Explanatory Report was updated post exhibition (as detailed in the Report to Council Meeting 27 November 2018).
Post Exhibition Explanatory Report (docx, 32KB)
- Commencement of Public Exhibition: Tuesday 21 August 2018
- Completion of Public Exhibition: Monday 24 September 2018
Notice of Amendment (doc, 36KB)
Explanatory Report (docx, 30KB)
Instruction Sheet (doc, 43KB)
Schedule 5 to the Residential Growth Zone (docx, 3MB)
Zone Map (pdf, 247KB)
Environmental Audit Overlay Map (pdf, 203KB)
Deletion of the Design and Development Overlay Map (pdf, 203KB)
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Monash City Council at 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley.
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection.
Any person who may be affected by the amendment could make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment.
The closing date for submissions - Monday 24 September 2018.
In accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, all submissions must be available for inspection by the public, for two months after an amendment is implemented or lapses. Council must make a copy of every submission for any person to inspect free of charge.