Council is seeking community views on proposed Amendment C131 to the Monash Planning Scheme.
The land affected by this amendment is located at 256-262 Huntingdale Road, Huntingdale.
The Amendment proposes to:
- Rezone the whole site from part Industrial 1 Zone and part General Residential Zone 2 to a Residential Growth Zone 5
- Delete the Design and Development Overlay Schedule 1
- Apply the Environmental Audit Overlay (EAO) over the land
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this matter, please call Meghann Mackay, Strategic Planner, on 9518 3620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On 6 June 2018, the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning authorised Council to prepare Amendment C131.
This authorisation was conditional. Council was required to make several changes to the Amendment, including:
- removing the planning permit application from the Amendment, meaning it will not be a combined Section 96A Amendment; and
- rezoning the land to the Residential Growth Zone 5 and not General Residential Zone 7, which was originally sought by Council.
Please read: Authorisation Letter (pdf, 678KB)
More information is available under Item 1.6 (Agenda/Minutes) to the Council Meeting held on 27 March 2018.
Council considered a request from the owners of land at 256-262 Huntingdale Road, Huntingdale to rezone the land and issue a planning permit for development of a 4 storey apartment building, comprising 82 dwellings, through a combined Section 96A planning scheme amendment and planning permit application.
- Commencement of Public Exhibition: Tuesday 21 August 2018
- Completion of Public Exhibition: Monday 24 September 2018
An independent planning panel will consider the Amendment and each submission that Council receives. The following dates have been proposed for the panel hearing:
- Panel Directions Hearing (proposed): in the week beginning Monday 5 December 2018
- Panel Merits Hearing (proposed): in the week beginning Monday 28 January 2019
Please note that these Panel dates are indicative only and are subject to change.
Notice of Amendment (doc, 36KB)
Explanatory Report (docx, 30KB)
Instruction Sheet (doc, 43KB)
Schedule 5 to the Residential Growth Zone (docx, 3MB)
Zone Map (pdf, 247KB)
Environmental Audit Overlay Map (pdf, 203KB)
Deletion of the Design and Development Overlay Map (pdf, 203KB)
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Monash City Council at 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley.
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection.
Have Your Say
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment.
Please clearly state the grounds on which you support or oppose the Amendment and indicate what changes (if any) you would like to see made.
Your name and contact details are required for council to consider your submission, and to notify you of the opportunity to attend Council meetings and any public hearings held to consider submissions.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 24 September 2018.
Submissions can be sent by:
In accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, all submissions must be available for inspection by the public, for two months after an amendment is implemented or lapses. Council must make a copy of every submission for any person to inspect free of charge.