The Amendment applies to the land at 1 Jacksons Road, Mulgrave and 636 Wellington Road, Mulgrave.
The amendment proposes to rezone the land to facilitate improved development potential by:
- Rezoning the whole site from Commercial 2 Zone to the Mixed Use Zone - Schedule 2
- Deleting the Design and Development Overlay Schedule 1
- Applying the Design and Development Overlay Schedule 16 over the whole site
- Applying the Environmental Audit Overlay over the whole site; and
- As a consequence amending the Schedule to Clause 32.04 to read Schedule 1
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this matter, please call Andre Schmid, Senior Strategic Planner, on 9518 3090 or email email@example.com.
An independent Planning Panel has been appointed by the Minister for Planning to consider the Amendment and all submissions that Council received about the Amendment. Submissions closed on 18 November 2020.
The Directions Hearing for the Panel Hearing was held on Monday 16 March 2020. The Panel made the following directions: Panel Directions 31 March 2020 (pdf, 313KB)
The Panel noted in the directions that due concerns about Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and its potential impacts on conducting public hearings, the Panel is intending to conduct the full Hearing by written submission ‘on the papers’, as agreed to by the parties. If, after considering the submissions and evidence, the Panel considers it needs to hear from any person via video conference, this may be arranged.
The key dates for the ‘on the papers’ hearing are:
- Council to circulate the Part A submission: Wednesday 8 April 2020
- Parties involved in the hearing to circulate all witness statements: Wednesday 8 April 2020
- Council to circulate the Part B submission: Friday 17 April 2020
- Witnesses to circulate all parties a written response to questions sent by the Panel and Council: Wednesday 29 April 2020
- Parties to make further submissions addressing the answers provided by witnesses: Monday 4 May 2020
- Proponent to submit a narrated ‘walk through’ of the site along with final submissions responding to the witness question responses: Monday 18 May 2020
- Council may circulate a right of reply and closing submission: Wednesday 27 May 2020
The Panel Hearing closed on Wednesday 27 May 2020. Council anticipates that the Panel will make its recommendations to Council (Panel Report) by the end of June 2020. Council will then need to consider the Panel Report and recommendations, and determine whether or not to submit the Amendment to the Minister of Planning for approval.
Everyone who has made a submission should have received notification of the Panel Hearing. If you have not, please contact Planning Panels Victoria on (03) 8392 5115.
Panel Hearing Documents
Monash C159 Planning Authority Part A Submission (pdf, 3MB)
Part A Submission Appendix A (pdf, 16MB)
Part A Submission Appendix B (pdf, 12MB)
Part A Submission Appendix C (pdf, 2MB)
Part A Submission Appendix D (pdf, 4MB)
Part A Submission Appendix E (pdf, 4MB)
Monash C159 Planning Authority Part B Submission (pdf, 881KB)
Monash C159 Planning Authority Response to Witness Questions (pdf, 303KB)
Monash C159 Planning Authority Final Submission (pdf, 281KB)
Expert Evidence Statements
Amendment C159 – Expert Witness – Justin Ganly (pdf, 10MB)
Amendment C159 – Expert Witness Bernard McNamara (pdf, 3MB)
Amendment C159 – Proponent Submission (pdf, 258KB)
Amendment C159 – Expert Witness Justin Ganly Response to PPV and Council Questions (pdf, 10MB)
Amendment C159 – Expert Witness Bernard McNamara Response to PPV and Council Questions (pdf, 3MB)
Amendment C159 was exhibited between 14 October and 18 November 2019. In response to the consultation on the Amendment, three submissions were received.
Council reviewed and considered the submissions at its meeting held on 25 February 2020.
Report to Council Meeting – 25 February 2020 (pdf, 303KB)
Attachment – Summary of issues raised in the submissions (pdf, 358KB)
As the rezoning has merit and there are submissions which are unable to be resolved, Council has requested the Minister for Planning to appoint an independent Panel to review the Amendment and consider all submissions received.
October - November 2019
Council sought community views on proposed Amendment C159 to the Monash Planning Scheme during October-November 2019 (until Monday 18 November).
- Commencement: Monday 14 October 2019
- Completion: Monday 18 November 2019
Amendment C159 - Notice of Amendment (pdf, 122KB)
Amendment C159 - Explanatory Report (pdf, 312KB)
Amendment C159 - Instruction Sheet (pdf, 336KB)
Amendment C159 - Clause 43.02 – New Schedule 16 - Design and Development Overlay (pdf, 662KB)
Amendment C159 - Clause 32.04 – New Schedule 2 - Mixed Use Zone (pdf, 167KB)
Amendment C159 - Clause 32.04 – Consequential Amendment Schedule 1 - Mixed Use Zone (pdf, 161KB)
Amendment C159 - Rezoning Report – SJB (pdf, 8MB)
Amendment C159 - Economic Report – Deep End Services (pdf, 4MB)
Amendment C159 - Transport Impact Assessment – GTA Consultants (pdf, 9MB)
Amendment C159 – Map23 - Mixed Use Zone Schedule 2 (pdf, 267KB)
Amendment C159 – Map23 - Design and Development Overlay Schedule 1 (pdf, 263KB)
Amendment C159 – Map23 - Design and Development Overlay Schedule 16 (pdf, 266KB)
Amendment C159 – Map23 - Environmental Audit Overlay Schedule 1 (pdf, 264KB)
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Monash Council, 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection
At the Council Meeting on 25 June 2019 the Council resolved to authorise the Director City Development to request the Minister for Planning for authorisation to prepare and exhibit this amendment to the Monash Planning Scheme. For more information, read Agenda Item 1.3.
Note: The Amendment was originally known as Amendment C143, however the Amendment number was changed to C159 by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) as part of the Amendment Authorisation process.