Occupy Roadway

Non-UMW:  Occupy Roadway Permit - Application (pdf, 908KB)

Even if it is only for a short time, if you are going to occupy part of any kind of roadway, laneway, footpath, nature-strip, car-park or reserve, you need a permit. ‘Occupying’ the roadway includes:

  • Road closure
  • Mobile crane operation
  • Concrete pumps operation
  • Placement of shipping containers

In addition to the above form, to apply for your permit, you’ll need:

  • A copy of the Works Manager's Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency
  • A Traffic Management Plan incorporating a description of protective precautions for both pedestrians and motor vehicle
  • A security deposit
  • Payment, which will be determined during the processing of the application plus security deposit. Refer to Engineering Permit Fees (pdf, 546KB) for the typical fee and security deposit. 

As with road opening permits, you take responsibility for any damage not previously identified at an initial inspection. If you choose not to, Council will complete the repairs, but, at your expense, initially taking the costs from the security deposit. You’ll only get back your deposit once any necessary repair work has been paid for.

Subscribe to page updates

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Help us to improve

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Last updated: 19 June 2018