Council is seeking community views on proposed Amendment C136 to the Monash Planning Scheme.
The land affected by this amendment is located at 161-169 and 171 Jells Road, Wheelers Hill.
The Amendment proposes to:
- Modify the existing Schedule 5 to the Design and Development Overlay to provide an exemption to the mandatory setback controls to allow for a covered walkway to be constructed between the two sites at 161-169, and 171 Jells Road, Wheelers Hill.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this matter, please call Meghann Mackay, Strategic Planner, on 9518 3620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commencement of Public Exhibition: Tuesday 31 October 2017
- Completion of Public Exhibition: Monday 4 December 2017
An independent planning panel will consider the Amendment and each submission that Council receives. The following dates have been proposed for the panel hearing:
- Panel Directions Hearing (proposed): in the week beginning Monday 5 March 2018
- Panel Merits Hearing (proposed): in the week beginning Monday 26 March 2018
Please note that these Panel dates are indicative only and are subject to change.
Notice of Amendment (PDF, 19KB)
Explanatory Report (PDF, 37KB)
Instruction Sheet (PDF, 9KB)
Schedule 5 to the Design and Development Overlay (DDO) (PDF, 813KB)
For your information, the Map of existing Design and Development Overlay 5 (PDF, 671KB) is also available.
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- During office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Monash Council, Civic Centre, 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley.
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection
Have Your Say
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment.
Please clearly state the grounds on which you support or oppose the Amendment and indicate what changes (if any) you would like to see made.
Your name and contact details are required for council to consider your submission, and to notify you of the opportunity to attend Council meetings and any public hearings held to consider submissions.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 4 December 2017.
Submissions can be sent by:
In accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, all submissions must be available for inspection by the public, for two months after an amendment is implemented or lapses. Council must make a copy of every submission for any person to inspect free of charge.