Detox your home is a safe, free and easy-to-use service to dispose of highly toxic, unwanted household chemicals such as solvents, poisons and cleaning products.
The collected items are recovered and diverted from landfill.
Update: This event has been postponed and a new date will be announced shortly.
This event is delivered by Sustainability Victoria in collaboration with Monash Council.
- Saturday 18 September, 8am-4pm
- Monash Waste Transfer and Recycling Centre
- 360 Ferntree Gully Road, Notting Hill
Detox Your Home events are now drive-through (no walk-ins) and contactless, supported by a COVIDSafe plan.
This service is for household chemicals only.
- The maximum acceptable weight or size for a single container is 20 kilograms or 20 litres.
- We can't decant so bring them in disposable, clearly labelled containers.
- If you don’t know what’s inside a container, label it as ‘unknown’.
This Detox your Home event cannot accept paint, fluorescent lights and batteries. Please take paint, fluorescent lights and batteries to the Monash Waste Transfer Station
Detox your Home events are staffed by expert chemists who understand how to safely manage toxic household chemicals. Chemicals are safely stored during the event then transported to a licensed processing facility at the end of each event.
View the full list of items accepted and not accepted.