Does your child or teenager worry, feel anxious and seem stressed at times?
Would you like to gain a greater understanding of anxiety and learn some helpful strategies to support your child?
Learning to cope with anxiety, stress and fear can be deeply challenging, not only for children but also for parents and the family.
The Anxiety Recovery Centre of Victoria (ARCVic), a specialist state-wide mental health organisation, is passionate about educating parents so that they can feel emotionally strong and empowered to help their children.
Monash Early Years & Family Services and ARCVic invites you to join our Parenting Anxious Children seminar.
Topics to be covered include:
- Understanding anxiety and normal childhood development
- How personality and environment contribute
- The signs and symptoms for you and your children
- Methods and strategies for you and your children
- Relaxation exercises
- Tips on building resilience
- Where to go for more information and help
- Take home material to support your learning.
Tuesday 14 November 2017
6.30pm – 8.30pm
Batesford Community Hub, Seminar Rooms 1 & 2
94 Batesford Rd, Chadstone
The seminar is free.
Bookings are essential (places are limited).
Please call Rebecca Giles on 9518 3571 or email Rebecca.Giles@monash.vic.gov.au.