Phone: 9579 0903
The Brine Street centre provides child care and kindergarten programs which are managed by Council.
The centre provides 50 child care places and 17 kindergarten places per day, for children aged from eight weeks to five years.
The centre is located at 33 Brine Street, Hughesdale and is open from 7am-6pm Monday to Friday.
About the centre
At the centre, there are five separate indoor early childhood rooms and three separate outdoor environments.
The centre's staff and educators have a shared vision: to educate, care for, empower and respect children and their families. They are driven by a holistic approach to early childhood development.
Children's self-esteem and self-concept are at the forefront of daily learning opportunities and the centre's programs have an integral focus on how experiences impact on the child as an individual and the child within a group care setting.
Aesthetically, the centre aims to capture the rich diversity of the Monash municipality and incorporate sustainability, cultural awareness and equity issues into its daily practice.
National Quality Standards
The Brine Street centre has been successful in achieving a rating as a childcare and kindergarten service that is Exceeding the National Quality Standards.
To ensure children enjoy the best possible conditions in their early educational and developmental years, the National Quality Standards promote continuous improvement in quality.
Find out more about the National Quality Standards here.
To achieve the overall rating of Exceeding the National Quality Standards, Brine Street was assessed and rated individually as exceeding in all of the following areas:
- Educational program and practice
- Children's health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management.
We have been able to achieve this rating by what we offer:
- providing innovative programs that reflect the daily questions and curiosity of the children
- Critically reflecting on documentation and observations and actively anticipating and supporting the journey for individual and groups of children
- The educational program, including care and routines, is organised in ways that maximise opportunities for each child's learning
- Outdoor areas have established trees, grassed and soft fall areas
- We aim to provide many natural and sustainable elements in every environment including a worm farm, vegetable and herb gardens. The centre has solar hot water and the children use water from our rain water tanks when watering the gardens.
- The kitchen has consistently been rated with the Five Star Golden Plate Award
- We encourage families to support and participate in the program. We believe in developing and maintaining respectful and supportive relationships with families
- We use chemical free cleaning products
- Staff participate in continuous professional development opportunities and are committed to striving for best practice and high quality care outcomes
- Staffing arrangements include staff with qualifications above the required standard
- There is a commitment to continuous improvement with excellent governance arrangements.
- Details of the centre’s fees are available at the centre
- The Child Care Subsidy is available for eligible families
Tour of Centre
To book your tour of the centre, contact the Coordinator on (03) 9579 0903.
You can search for other Monash child care centres (both not-for-profit and private) in the Community Directory.