Obtaining Immunisation Records

Children standing by school benchs

An Immunisation History Statement will be sent either from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) or can be obtained from Medicare Offices, if the vaccination schedule has been completed in Australia or overseas records have been updated to AIR by an Immunisation Provider.

Council can provide a catch up plan for vaccines given overseas and/or update the AIR with vaccines not appearing on the child’s history.

Contact Council Immunisation Services on 9518 3534 or bring all vaccination records and child's details to our office. An Immunisation Status Certificate will be issued and posted, and an update of vaccinations previously given will be sent to the Australian Immunisation Register.

Immunisation and enrolling in childcare and kindergarten

In an effort to improve childhood immunisation rates, the Victorian Government introduced the ‘No Jab, No Play’ legislation on 1 January 2016. Under this legislation, before enrolling a child, early childhood services have to first obtain evidence that the child is up to date with all vaccinations that are due for their age, or that they are able to receive.

On 21 February 2018, the ‘No Jab, No Play’ legislation was amended to make it that an Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is now the only form of documentation accepted for the purposes of enrolling a child in an early childhood education and care service.

Previous forms of documentation, for example a letter from a GP or local council, are no longer accepted.

Are you new to Australia? Or had vaccines overseas? Or need a catch up plan?

If you have recently moved to Australia or your child has had vaccines overseas, we can reconcile your child’s immunisation history to ensure they are up to date and comply with the Australian National Immunisation Program via Department of Health & Human Services Immunisation Schedule Victoria.

We will review your child’s overseas history – this must be translated, if in a language other than English, by a medical practitioner.  Please bring your child’s immunisation records into our council office - Monash Civic Centre, 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley 3150.

Your child may require additional vaccinations which can be administered at the local council or General Practitioner.

We will forward your child’s records to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and provide you with a Monash Council Immunisation Certificate via post.

To attend our immunisation sessions for required vaccines you will need to meet Immunisation Eligibility.

Unfortunately, overseas records cannot be reviewed at our Immunisation Sessions. Please ensure you have received a letter from Monash Immunisation Services prior to attending any council session.

Immunisation History Statement

Have you had all vaccines in Australia?

Immunisation History Statements informs parents of all immunisations recorded on the Australian Immunisations Register (AIR) for their child, and any that are missing.

Statements are available for free from Medicare Offices, or the Medicare website, for all children from birth to seven years of age.

You can get a copy of your child's immunisation history statement:

  •  by accessing your MyGov account
  • by requesting a statement to be sent in the mail from Australian Immunisations Register
  • by calling AIR on 1800 653 809
  • at your local Medicare office.

Subscribe to page updates

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Help us to improve

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Last updated: 09 September 2020