Monash Council's Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Services provides health and development assessment for all families with young children aged from birth to 4 years.
Read also: Better Health Channel - Victorian MCH services
Booking an appointment: call the MCH Central Booking Service on 9518 3662 between 8.30am-5pm.
For information regarding appointments call Central Booking Line on 9518 3662.
We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to abuse of children and young people, please read Safeguarding Children and Young People.
What does an MCH centre provide?
What is the nearest MCH centre to me?
- Batesford Hub: 94 Batesford Road, Chadstone
- Brandon Park: 7 Collegium Avenue Wheelers Hill
- Clayton: Clayton Community Centre, 9-15 Cooke Street Clayton
- Huntingdale: 59 Greville Street Oakleigh East
- Kerrie: 35 Boyanna Road Glen Waverley
- Mount Waverley: 35 Sherwood Road Mount Waverley
- Mulgrave: 55 Shaftsbury Drive Mulgrave
- Oakleigh: relocated to Link Health and Community Centre, 8-10 Johnson St, Oakleigh
- Pinewood: 11 Pinewood Drive Mount Waverley
Please see our Interactive Maps: MCH Centres (open into a new window/tab).
Note: Monash Interactive Maps are only available for Australian IP addresses.
Free MCH App
The free MCH App provides a modern digital solution and a resource families can use every day for trusted information on child and maternal health.
Time saving features include information on popular child health and development topics; click-to-call emergency contacts; prompts for upcoming MCH consultations and regular updates and messages.
Download: Maternal and Child Health App (State Government of Victoria)
Information to help you
Introducing your baby to solids (pdf, 214KB)
Parent Feedback form (docx, 17KB)
Privacy Information (Maternal & Child Health) (pdf, 116KB)
Booking an appointment
Contact the MCH Central Booking Service on 9518 3662 between 8.30am-5pm.
If the matter is urgent please contact your local GP or nearest hospital emergency department.
What will be discussed in a consultation?
- Maternal and Family Health
- Breastfeeding/Nutritional Advice
- Parent Education
- Immunisation Promotion
- Health Resources
How long does a consultation last?
- Home visit: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- 2 weeks old to 2 years old visit: 30 minutes (4 weeks old visit - 45 minutes)
- 3.5 years old visit: 45 minutes
How to get advice from a nurse
Contact the Maternal and Child Health Line on 13 22 29. This line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What days are the MCH centres open?
The days vary from centre to centre, Monday to Friday only. Hours of operation are usually 8.30am to 4.30pm and appointments are available from 9am to 3.30pm.
Evening sessions are available from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Please talk to your nurse or call 9518 3662 to arrange an appointment.