The Monash Maternal Child Health Service are taking additional measures to ensure the health and safety of our community and staff.
We are monitoring the situation closely and will continue to act under the recommendations from the Federal and State Government and Department of Health and Human Services.
At this time the Maternal Child health service remains open and will be adjusting the way the service will be delivered under the recommendations provided by the Department of Health, Municipality Association of Victorian and the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation.
Maternal Child Health Appointments will be continuing under the following format:
- All families will be offered telephone consultations, with video chat appointments available upon request (requires internet access and up to date operating systems).
- Families with infants aged birth to 4 months may be asked to attend a Maternal Child Health center for a 10-15 minute weigh and growth checks will be arranged as determined by the nurse after the initial phone/weblink discussion. If you are asked to attend one of the centers we will ask
- For only one adult per child to attend the appointment
- To reduce casual contact as much as possible, parents / carer will be asked to be more active with their child doing such things as lifting the child onto the scales
Please inform the nurse if:
- You or an immediate family member returned from travelled overseas or interstate in the past 14 days
- Have you or an immediate family member been in contact with someone who is unwell, has a suspected case of Covid-19 or has tested positive to Covid-19
- Have you or your family member in the last 48 hours been unwell with a high temperature, sore throat, cough or flu like symptoms? Or any other known infectious illness?
Read also: Better Health Channel - Victorian MCH services
Booking an appointment: call the MCH Central Booking Service on 9518 3662 between 8.30am-5pm.
COVID-19 resources for parents and carers
Raising Childrens Network
Royal Children Hospital
Helpful ways to explain coronavirus to children (credit to Noah’s Ark) (pdf, 1MB)
Play ideas and activities for children
Activities for children at local libraries
Long Day Care Centre Brine Street - YouTube channel
Victoria Together - online resources for current online attractions in Victoria.
For information regarding appointments call Central Booking Line on 9518 3662.
We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to abuse of children and young people, please read Safeguarding Children and Young People.
What does an MCH centre provide?
What is the nearest MCH centre to me?
- Batesford Hub: 94 Batesford Road, Chadstone
- Brandon Park: 7 Collegium Avenue Wheelers Hill
- Clayton: Clayton Community Centre, 9-15 Cooke Street Clayton
- Huntingdale: 59 Greville Street Oakleigh East
- Kerrie: 35 Boyanna Road Glen Waverley
- Mount Waverley: 35 Sherwood Road Mount Waverley
- Mulgrave: 55 Shaftsbury Drive Mulgrave
- Oakleigh: relocated to Link Health and Community Centre, 8-10 Johnson St, Oakleigh
- Pinewood: 11 Pinewood Drive Mount Waverley
Please see our Interactive Maps: MCH Centres (open into a new window/tab).
Note: Monash Interactive Maps are only available for Australian IP addresses.
Free MCH App
The free MCH App provides a modern digital solution and a resource families can use every day for trusted information on child and maternal health.
Time saving features include information on popular child health and development topics; click-to-call emergency contacts; prompts for upcoming MCH consultations and regular updates and messages.
Download: Maternal and Child Health App (State Government of Victoria)
Information to help you
Parent feedback - online
Privacy Information (Maternal & Child Health) (pdf, 116KB)
Introducing your baby to solids (pdf, 214KB)
Booking an appointment
Contact the MCH Central Booking Service on 9518 3662 between 8.30am-5pm.
If the matter is urgent please contact your local GP or nearest hospital emergency department.
What will be discussed in a consultation?
- Maternal and Family Health
- Breastfeeding/Nutritional Advice
- Parent Education
- Immunisation Promotion
- Health Resources
How long does a consultation last?
- Home visit: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- 2 weeks old to 2 years old visit: 30 minutes (4 weeks old visit - 45 minutes)
- 3.5 years old visit: 45 minutes
How to get advice from a nurse
Contact the Maternal and Child Health Line on 13 22 29. This line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What days are the MCH centres open?
The days vary from centre to centre, Monday to Friday only. Hours of operation are usually 8.30am to 4.30pm and appointments are available from 9am to 3.30pm.
Evening sessions are available from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Please talk to your nurse or call 9518 3662 to arrange an appointment.