Community Support information


Advocate - a friend, family member or an independent person who speaks or acts on behalf of someone who feels that they are unable to put their views or wishes forward by themselves. 

Any person using or interested in using Community Support services, has the right to involve an advocate for representation. For further information regarding advocacy or details on accessing an independent advocate, please contact the Office of the Public Advocate on 1300 309 337.

Advocacy Services

Office of the Public Advocate
Level 1, 204 Lygon Street
Carlton Victoria 3053
Tel:          1300 309 337
Fax:         1300 787 510
TTY:         1300 305 612

  • Victorian Ombudsman
    Level 2, 570 Bourke Street
    Melbourne Victoria 3000
    Tel:         9613 6222
    TTY:        133 677 then 9613 6222
  • Interpreter: 131 450

Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Post: GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 1300 363 992
Fax: +612 9284 9666
TTY: 133 677 then ask for 1300 363 992

  • Older Persons Advocacy Network 
  • Post: c/o Seniors Rights Service 
  • L4, 418A Elizabeth St
  • Surry Hills, NSW 2010
  • Tel: 1800 700 600
  • Interpreter: 131 450
  • E-mail: 

Please note that this is not a full list. For further information, please contact Victoria Legal Aid on 1300 792 387.  

Aged Care Rights

Find the Charter of Aged Care Rights here.

Handling your concerns

Monash Council is committed to delivering high quality services to our clients. If you do have a concern about the way a service was provided or offered we can address the problem quickly.

If you should ever be unhappy about anything to do with our services all it takes to start solving the problem is to talk or write to us about it.

If you don't tell us, we may never know. By bringing your concerns to our attention, you immediately help us to improve both our service and any related policies.

This is the reason we have implemented a complaint handling process to help resolve your concerns. It also helps us to improve our service.

Please read more:  Complaints Process

If you wish to address your concerns using an external avenue, such as advocacy or dispute resolution, there are available external agencies that are available to you.

Health Service Commissioner
Complaints and Information
Level 26, 570 Bourke Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Tel:           1800 582 113
Interpreter: 131 450

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission 
GPO BOX 9819
Melbourne VIC 3001
Tel:          1800 951 822

Your information it is private

What happens to information about you while you are a client of this service?

Who are we?

We are one of a number of health and community support services in your area that work together in partnership to meet your health needs.

What information do we collect about you?

We keep your name and contact details on your client record. We ask for next of kin contact details in case you are not home for a scheduled visit, or an emergency of some type. 

Why do we collect your information?

The information we collect helps us to keep up to date details about your need so we can care for you in the best possible way.  We also use the information to better manage and plan this service.

Who else sees your information?

Your information can only be seen by the professionals in this service who are involved in your care. Otherwise, we only release information about you if you agree or if required by law, such as in a medical emergency.

What say do you have in what happens to your information?

You have a say in what happens to your information. We rely on the information you give us to help provide the right care for you.  If you decide not to share some of your information or restrict access to your client record this is your right, but it may affect our ability to provide you with the best possible services.  Talk to us if you wish to change or cancel your consent.

How will your information be protected?

We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your record. The privacy of your information is also protected by law.  We treat your information in the strictest confidence and store it securely.

Can you access your information?

Yes, you have a right to request access to your information and to ask for it to be corrected if necessary.

Any other questions?

Please talk to one of our staff if you have any other questions or comments about what happens to your information while you are our client, or if you wish to access your records.

Subscribe to page updates

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Help us to improve

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Last updated: 01 July 2019