Request a new or additional bin

Red and yellow bin

All forms must be sent to PO Box 1, Glen Waverley, VIC, 3150.

You can also print, sign, scan and email the forms to

Request a green waste bin

If you would like to recycle food waste and don’t have a green waste bin, please contact us to request one and we’ll see if your property is eligible.

We will need to make sure you have adequate storage and collection access for the green waste bin. Depending on your housing situation, we may also need to chat with your Body Corporate or Landlord (where applicable).

If your request is approved, we will arrange a green waste bin and kitchen caddy for you. To request a green waste bin, please complete this form:

Application for First Residential Green Waste Bin (pdf, 287KB)

Need an additional bin?

If you find your general waste, recycling or green waste bin gets full before bin collection day you can request an additional bin. To do so, please complete this form:  

Application for Additional Residential Bins or a Change of Bin Size (pdf, 693KB)

Need a bigger general waste bin?

If you are producing more waste as a result of having a large family, or you or someone you live with has a medical condition, or for another reason, you can request to increase your general waste bin to a 240 litre bin (current bin size is 120L).

To request a larger waste bin, please complete this form:

Application for Additional Residential Bins or a Change of Bin Size (pdf, 693KB)

Note: this form can only be completed by the property owner/rate payer. Additional charges will be added to the rates account. If you are a tenant, contact your landlord/property manager to request a larger bin.

If you are in financial hardship due to having a large family or a medical condition, you may be able to get a bigger bin free of charge. Complete the

 Application for Special Consideration Form (pdf, 631KB) or contact us on 9518 3690 for more information.

Moving home

General waste, recycling and green waste bins are the property of Council. When you move to another property, you must leave the bins on the property for use by the new property owner.

If you have recently moved into a property and do not have any bins please contact Customer Service on 9518 3555.

Conditions of Service and Supply of the Residential Bin Service (pdf, 769KB)

Subscribe to page updates

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Help us to improve

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Last updated: 31 July 2020