380 Ferntree Gully Rd, Notting Hill. Phone: 9518 3767
Open: 7 days a week 7.30am to 4pm.
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Anzac Day before noon.
We are no longer selling mulch at the Monash Waste Transfer and Recycling Station.
Find out more about what can and can't be disposed of at the Monash Waste Transfer and Recycling Station below:
Fees and charges
We charge by volume for general rubbish, green waste, concrete and soil. Please remove any tarps so the window operator can view the load.
Volume = Length x Width x Height
For example: 6’ x 4’ trailer = 1.8 x 1.2 x 0.45 = 1m3 which equals 1m3 charged for disposal.
We accept EFTPOS.
Transfer station fees and charges (pdf, 421KB)
To save on station fees and charges, refer to this document: Sort it and Save (pdf, 310KB)
These items are transported to processors to be recycled:
- Computers, laptops, printers, fax machines, televisions and computer monitors (website: Tech Collect)
- Paper and Cardboard (Visy)
- Scrap Metal
- Commingled Recycling (Visy)
- Batteries (household batteries and car batteries)
- Light globes
- Printer cartridges (Cartridges for Planet Ark)
- Mobile phones (Mobile Muster)
- X-Ray Films
- Engine Oil (30 litres or less)
- Paint (Paintback)
- Whitegoods (fees apply for fridges, freezers and air conditioners)
- Cooking Oil (up to 20 litres)
- Polystyrene (made of white clean balls) – amounts up to ½ m3 are free
- DVDs, CDs, VHS and floppy discs
Items are charged fees to pay for transport, processing or disposal:
- Clean green waste (recycled)
- Mixed green waste
- Household goods (furniture)
- Fridges, freezers and air conditioners (recycled)
- Building materials
- Concrete, bricks (recycled)
- Domestic LPG gas bottles (recycled)
- Mattresses (recycled)
- Bed bases
- Polystyrene - over ½ m3and from commercial sources (recycled)
- Tyres (recycled)
If you are uncertain about whether your item can be left at the Waste Transfer Station, please call 9518 3767 or 9518 3555.
Materials not accepted
- Domestic garbage
- Liquid and hazardous wastes
- Car bodies, auto transmissions, car differential oil
- Cooking oils (over 20 litres)
- Petrol and fuels
Take household chemicals to your closest free drop-off event (see below).
Free household chemical drop-off
Sustainability Victoria holds a free household chemical drop-off service each month at different locations across Victoria. This is where you safely dispose old chemicals and other dangerous substances.
For more information on dates and locations visit Sustainability Victoria or call on the toll-free info-line 1300 363 744.
You can drop unwanted medicines off at your local pharmacy.