380 Ferntree Gully Rd, Notting Hill. Phone: 9518 3555.
NOTE: Changes to operating hours and kerbside bin collection
Open: 7 days a week 7.30am to 3pm.
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday and Anzac Day before noon.
The Transfer Station has temporarily suspended acceptance of all tyres due to COVID-19 related impacts on our recycler. We have reached our storage capacity, so once we have the collection undertaken, we will be able to resume acceptance. We will publish information on this page when we start accepting tyres again.
We are no longer selling mulch at the Monash Waste Transfer and Recycling Station.
Find out more about what can and can't be disposed of at the Monash Waste Transfer and Recycling Station below:
These items are transported to processors to be recycled:
- Computers, laptops, printers, fax machines, televisions and computer monitors
- Paper and Cardboard (Visy)
- Scrap Metal
- Commingled Recycling (Visy)
- Batteries (household batteries and car batteries - up to 15)
- Light globes
- Fluro tubes/CFL globes (max. 5)
- Printer cartridges (Cartridges for Planet Ark)
- Mobile phones (Mobile Muster)
- X-Ray Films
- Engine Oil (30 litres or less)
- Paint (Paintback)
- Whitegoods (fees apply for fridges, freezers and air conditioners)
- Cooking Oil (up to 20 litres)
- Polystyrene (made of white clean balls) – amounts up to ½ m3 are free
- DVDs, CDs, VHS and floppy discs
Paid disposal - fees and charges
We charge by volume for general rubbish, green waste, concrete and soil. Please remove any tarps so the window operator can view the load.
Volume = Length x Width x Height
For example: 6’ x 4’ trailer = 1.8 x 1.2 x 0.45 = 1m3 which equals 1m3 charged for disposal.
We accept EFTPOS. To save on station fees and charges, refer to this document: Sort it and Save (pdf, 310KB)
Items are charged fees (listed below) to pay for transport, processing or disposal:
- Clean green waste (recycled)
- Mixed green waste
- Household goods (furniture)
- Fridges, freezers and air conditioners (recycled)
- Building materials
- Concrete, bricks (recycled)
- Domestic LPG gas bottles (recycled)
- Mattresses (recycled)
- Bed bases
- Polystyrene - over ½ m3and from commercial sources (recycled)
- Tyres (recycled) - temporarily suspended
*Please present your valid pension, seniors, veterans affairs or health care card for the reduced disposal rate. This rate is not available to commercial customers.
Waste transport, processing or disposal fee by volume
|Type of material
||Up to, and per ½ m³
|General Waste - with valid concession or seniors card*
|Clean Green Waste
|Clean Green Waste - with valid concession or seniors card*
|Contaminated Green Waste/td>
|Commercial soil (loads over 1m³)
||$345.00 per m³
|Polystyrene (up to ½m³)
|Polystyrene (residential - over ½m³)
|Polystyrene (commercial - over ½m³)
Waste transport, processing or disposal fee by item
|Type of Material
|General Waste - Car Boot
|Fridges/Freezers/Air conditioners (large)
|Domestic LPG gas bottles up to 9kg/Fire extinguishers
|Car engine oil (over 30 litres)
||$2.50 per litre
|Car tyres - without rim
|Car tyres - with rim
If you are uncertain about whether your item can be left at the Waste Transfer Station, please call 9518 3555.
Materials not accepted
Take household chemicals to your closest free drop-off event (see below).
Free household chemical drop-off
Sustainability Victoria holds a free household chemical drop-off service each month at different locations across Victoria. This is where you safely dispose old chemicals and other dangerous substances.
For more information on dates and locations visit Sustainability Victoria or call on the toll-free info-line 1300 363 744.
You can drop unwanted medicines off at your local pharmacy.