The Monash Waste Transfer Station at 380 Ferntree Gully Rd, Notting Hill is open seven days a week from 7.30am to 4pm.
It accepts clean green waste and mixed green waste, household goods and white goods.
Building materials, concrete, domestic LPG gas bottles, x-rays, mobile phones, car batteries, car lubricant oil and recyclable items such as glass bottles, plastics, cardboard, and aluminium cans can also be left at the transfer station.
There are a number of neighbouring transfer stations close to Monash where waste can be dropped off by members of the public.
Different charges apply for hard waste, putrescible waste (waste that decomposes eg food) and green waste so please view the websites or contact the transfer stations prior to visiting.
To view nearby Council transfer stations please click on the links below:
There are also a number of privately run landfill/transfer stations:
- Transpacific Fraser Road Landfill corner of Fraser Road and Osbourne Avenue, Clayton. Phone: 9551 2351. Open to the public, accepts putrescible waste (waste that decomposes, not hard waste)
- Transpacific Carroll Road Transfer Station 67 Carroll Road, Clarinda. Phone: 9579 4955. Open to the public, accepts solid inert waste and green waste (hard rubbish, not putrescible waste)
- Transpacific Victory Road Green Transfer Station, 46 Victory Road, Clarinda. Phone: 9552 1700. Green waste only
- Kingston Transfer Station (Rhino Bins) 24-30 Fonceca Street, Mordialloc. Phone: 9580 4842
- Alex Fraser Recycled Material 275-315 Kingston Road, Clarinda. Phone: 136 135. Concrete, bricks, asphalt and rocks only.