Tina Samardzija was first elected to Monash Council in 2020.
Tina is a proud Wheelers Hill resident raising two children in the beautiful Mulgrave Ward of Monash.
She is the first-born child of parents who migrated from Europe, and in the great Australian migrant tradition, the first in the family to complete university.
After studying Economics and Law at Monash University’s Clayton campus, Tina has dedicated her professional career to understanding the economy and how to make it work for people.
Starting out as a commercial lawyer, Tina moved on to work in state and federal government on major legal, economic and social policy reforms including workplace relations, the NDIS and housing.
Tina joined Monash Council to get more done for residents in Mulgrave and Wheelers Hill, while making sure rates are kept low and council services represent the best value for money.
As Councillor, Tina’s priorities are to:
- protect our renowned spacious and leafy green character and stop inappropriate development
- improve community enjoyment of the Wheelers Hill Library and Monash Gallery site and improve services at Mulgrave library
- upgrade old and tired local playgrounds
- build a regional playground for Mulgrave families like Valley Reserve in Mount Waverley
- prevent antisocial behaviour by removing graffiti and litter quickly, and installing more rubbish and recycling bins
- address traffic and safety concerns in our residential streets
- enhance local shopping strips, and
- work with owners and traders to revitalise the Wheelers Hill Shopping Centre
Tina is keen to hear from local residents, so please get in touch.
Tina is a member of the following committees and other bodies of Council: