Council is keen to increase community participation in its decision-making and to engage with a broader cross-section of the community and we’re looking for people interested in joining a community panel.
The panel includes people of all ages and backgrounds who represent the diversity of our community. They share their views on a wide range of matters from trees and pets to recycling and rates. Council projects thrive when the community is actively involved.
The panel will be regularly asked for views and consideration on a whole range of topics. Sometimes, just a sample of people will be asked to participate. The panel may be consulted exclusively, or alongside the wider community. Participation is always voluntary.
The benefits of being on the Monash Community Panel are:
· You will become better informed about the Council decision-making process and the matters Council is consulting the community on.
· As a panel member you will improve outcomes for your community by giving feedback from the perspective of a community member.
· You will be able to track progress of the projects you participated in.
For Council, having a community panel means
· Increased participation
· More consistent and efficient community engagement
· More accuracy on the demographic diversity of those being engaged
· A panel can help us sound out new ideas.
If you are over 16 years of age and you have a connection to Monash (study, work, live) you are eligible to join. To find out more about the panel and to register your interest, go to shape.monash.vic.gov.au/community-panel
To find out more about Council’s engagement with the community, read the Monash Community Engagement Framework