This committee oversees the Monash Gallery of Art (MGA).
- Provide expert business development advice to Council regarding operation of the Monash Gallery of Art.
- Develop Business Plans for the operation of the Gallery.
- Provide expertise to the Gallery Director regarding Gallery program in the context of the Business Plan.
- Recommend on future management arrangements for the Gallery linked to the Business Plan
For further information: call Anouska Phizacklea, Gallery Director, on 9265 4896 or email Anouska.Phizacklea@monash.vic.gov.au
Community Asset Committee
At its 28 April 2020 meeting, Council resolved to appoint a Community Asset Committee, under the Local Government Act 2020, to manage the Monash Gallery of Art.
This committee succeeds the Special Committee that was appointed under the Local Government Act 1989, for that purpose.
The committee is chaired by Natasha Bowness and two Councillors are members of the committee: Cr Josh Fergeus and Cr Shane McCluskey.
- Natasha Bowness as Chairperson
- Val Brown
- Nick Fletcher
- Kirsty Grant
- Dr Milton Harris as Deputy Chairperson
- Kathryn Hendy Ekers
- David Rosetsky
- Matt Soulsby
- Cr Shane McCluskey
- Cr Josh Fergeus
The new committee’s terms of reference:
MGA Community Asset Committee - Terms of Reference (docx, 32KB)
The committee’s meetings are open to the public. The Council has resolved that these meeting can be conducted via video conferencing until 2 November 2020, provided that they are accessible to the public, except where a confidential matter is being dealt with.
At its 29 October 2019 meeting Council resolved to:
Approve the tenure of Mr Matt Soulsby to the Monash Gallery of Art Committee of Management for a term of three years from 31 October 2019 to 31 October 2022; and approves Ms Natasha Bowness’ appointment as Chair of the Monash Gallery of Art Committee of Management for a further term from 31 October 2019 to 31 August 2022.
Read more: Report to Council - MGA Committee of Management
At its 27 November 2018 meeting Council resolved to:
Approve the Monash Gallery of Art Committee of Management term extension of Mr Les Walkling for further and final 12 months, effective 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020.
Read more: Report to Council - MGA Committee of Management Approval of Member Tenure Extension (pdf, 129KB)
At its 30 October 2018 meeting Council resolved to:
- Approve the appointment of Ms Wai Tang to the Monash Gallery of Art Committee of Management for the period 1 December 2018 to 30 November 2021; and
- Approve the tenure extension of Dr Kathryn Hendy-Ekers for a further three years from 27 October 2018 to 27 October 2021.
Read more: Report to Council - MGA Committee of Management (Recommendations) (pdf, 585KB)
At its 26 September 2017 meeting, Council resolved to give non-councillor members of the Monash Gallery of Art Committee of Management an exemption under section 81(2A) of the Local Government Act 1989, from submitting a register of interests return.
Read more: Report to Council - MGA Committee of Management (pdf, 114KB)
At its 28 November 2017 meeting, Council appointed Dr Milton Harris as the Deputy Chair of the MGA Committee of Management.
Read more: Report to Council - MGA Committee of Management (New Deputy Chair) (pdf, 138KB)