Temporary and Mobile Food Premises

A state-wide online system for the registration or notification of temporary and mobile food premises, vending machines and water transport vehicles applies under the Food Act 1984.

  • Temporary food premises - temporary sites or stalls where food is sold. This includes stalls and tents at school fetes, markets, festivals and other short term events including sausage sizzles.
  • Mobile food premises - vehicles such as vans, trailers or carts from which food is sold.


If you wish to operate a temporary food premises or a mobile food van, simply visit the Streatrader website.

  1. Create your login and the system will guide you through the process until you are ready to lodge the forms with council.
  2. Once an application to register or notify is accepted by your 'Principal Council', your food business or community group can trade anywhere in Victoria, provided a Statement of Trade has been lodged with the Council in which you will be trading.

Statements of trade can be continually lodged and managed through 'Streatrader' by accessing your account.

For further information:

The single state-wide registration system is only relevant to registration under the Food Act 1984.

You may need separate council approval to operate in a public place (footpaths, for example). The Planning and Community Laws departments of the Council, in which you plan to trade, can advise you about the limitations and regulations relevant to your business.

Subscribe to page updates

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Help us to improve

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Last updated: 01 August 2019