Council has approved a proposal for a 127 place child care centre and eight dwellings in a three storey building over a basement car park at 671-675 Waverley Road, Glen Waverley.
At its May 2019 meeting, Council resolved to issue a Notice of a Decision to Grant a Planning Permit, subject to more than 20 conditions.
The $3.5 million development will include a three storey building over a basement car park, comprising a child care centre and eight apartments.
The proposed development was considered appropriate having regard to the relevant provisions of the Monash Planning Scheme, however conditions have been placed on the permit to address concerns surrounding car parking, built form and impacts on local amenity.
Some of the conditions include:
- Child care bin storage relocated to the basement
- The north facing kitchen windows of Units 1 and 5 to be screened in accordance with the requirements of the Monash Planning Scheme
- All glass screens at the first and second levels of the child care centre to be of obscure glass
- Privacy screens of the north facing apartment balconies be reduced in height and replaced with alternate screening methods to prevent downwards views into the child care centre play spaces
- A minimum of 27 car spaces to be provided in association with the child care use at all times.
For more information about the conditions and approved development, see the report which Council considered before making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 671-675 Waverley Road, Glen Waverley (pdf, 604KB)
Enquiries: Rowena Brennan, Senior Statutory Planner, on 9518 3654.